MindFit Academic Enhancement offers comprehensive academic support services to students who learn differently.
We provide semester-long academic coaching mentoring, content specific-tutoring, and weekly support meetings to students with attention or learning difficulties. Our program supports students in maintaining their focus, accomplishing their educational goals by providing students with support in study skills, time management, goal-setting, problem solving, and self-monitoring skills, as well as content tutoring.
We are excited to announce that we are rolling out some new additions and enhancements to our program for the fall 2021 semester! Here's a look into what's to come:
- More social events for the students of MindFit to take part in and get to further build relationships with one another, such as,
- Semester kick off events
- Events arranged with Adventure WV
- A destress zone – a lounge type area where students come stop by during the day to take a minute [or more!] to themselves and destress in between the hustle and bustle of being a college student
- Academic and personal workshops facilitated by MindFit staff as well as other departments from across WVU, such as,
- Finals prepping
- Midterm prepping
- Work/life balance as a college student
- Resume workshop, etc.
- Beginning of semester 1:1 academic coaching with a member of the MindFit Leadership for each student
want students to start the semester off on a great foot by sharing and
instilling the brass tacks of how to study, when to study, and what academic
habits breed the best results throughout the entirety of the semester.
- All tutors are certified through the College Reading Learning Association and are certified Autism Spectrum Diversity Allies.
- Tutors are trained to work specifically with students who may learn differently.
- Students work with the same tutor for the duration of an entire semester and sometimes longer.
- All tutoring is one-on-one and includes content-based support in addition to coaching and mentoring in skills such as time management and study strategies.
- Students have access to our learning center and can utilize computers and quiet study areas for tutoring and personal study time.
MindFit Academic Enhancement packages include both content tutoring and academic coaching. Students are able to prioritize which classes they want the most help with. All options include one-on-one individualized tutoring with a CRLA certified tutor and use of MindFit Academic Enhancement facilities including tutoring space and computer labs.
Standard: 3-4 hours per week $2,000/semester
Expanded: 5-6 hours per week $2,300/semester
Total: 7-8 hours per week $2,600/semester
We offer a limited package (1-2 hours per week $1,500/semester) to returning MindFit students. It does not include our other MindFit services or academic coaching.
Eligible West Virginia residents can receive funding for tutoring through the
WV Division of Rehabilitation Services. Please contact your local office for
more information. Out-of-state students, there may be a similar agency in your
home state that provides funding for tutoring.
For more information on payment methods, please visit our Payment Options page.
How to Apply
Find out more about the application process here.